Welcome to your new Drupal website!
Please follow these steps to set up and start using your website:
- Configure your website Once logged in, visit the administration section, where you can customize and configure all aspects of your website.
- Enable additional functionality Next, visit the module list and enable features which suit your specific needs. You can find additional modules in the Drupal modules download section.
- Customize your website design To change the "look and feel" of your website, visit the themes section. You may choose from one of the included themes or download additional themes from the Drupal themes download section.
- Start posting content Finally, you can create content for your website. This message will disappear once you have promoted a post to the front page.
GCFA Resources Available on Newly Revised Website
GCFA now at UMC.org/gcfa
Welcome to the new GCFA website. You are visiting us at the URL, www.gcfa.org, but as of August 18, we will be found at www.umc.org/gcfa. GCFA is committed to providing the useful resources and information currently available on this site. To improve the easy accessibility to our resources, GCFA will host its newly redesigned website within the official website of The United Methodist Church.
- Looking for MONTHLY FINANCIAL COMMITTMENT REPORTS. Check out the QUICK LINKS on the home landing page.
- Need the Group Rulling--501(c)3 form? Visit RESOURCES from the home landing page.
All the resources and documents available on this site are still available at www.umc.org/gcfa. The new web presence will be under constant review and revision. Check the site often for updates.
Shop Online at UMCMarket.org and Benefit the Local Church
While preparing for purchasing school supplies...or for the change in the seasons...doing some home remodeling...or planning late summer or fall travel...doing some early holiday shopping...or you just love to shop online… There is a way to shop online for your needs and benefit your local church or other UM organization. Shop www.umcmarket.org.
When you use UMCMarket.org to shop, a percentage of your purchase (donated by the retailer) – combined with the purchases of other members of your congregation – are donated back to your church. You can select your local United Methodist Church as the recipient of your donation, or you can select from a long list of other United Methodist related organizations like the United Methodist Committee on Relief (UMCor), The Advance, JustPeace, MARCHA, among many, many others.
Not a current user? The first time you use the service, go to www.umcmarket.org and register. It takes just a couple of minutes. Each time you shop online, first log into umcmarket.org, search for the retailer you want to shop online with, click their logo and start shopping. When you visit the retail site through the UMCmarket.org portal, your total spending is accumulated for your church and when the total donations reach $100+ your church will get a check.
Now, what about the donation? The donations are processed by the support staff at UMCMarket.org. Once your total donations (generated from a percent of purchases) equal or surpass $100, your church or other organization you designate will receive a check. And then, as you make more purchases throughout the year, the process is repeated. Everyone benefits – you conveniently shop online as you have always done and the church or other UM organization you want to help receives monies for ministries to do the things throughout the connection that make us United Methodists.
Be sure to share www.umcmarket.org with family and friends. The more shopping that is done through this portal, the more assistance is given throughout the United Methodist connection to support the global ministries of the connectional United Methodist Church.
Note: Este comunicado de prensa está disponible en español.
IRS Mileage Rate for 2014 Released
The IRS has announced that the business standard mileage rate for transportation expenses paid or incurred beginning January 1, 2014, will be 56 cents per mile. This is .5 cent lower than the 2013 rate. [Please refer to IR-2013-95, Dec. 6, 2013, http://www.irs.gov/2014-Standard-Mileage-Rates-for-Business,-Medical-and-Moving-Announced, for details].
The mileage rate may be used to compute the amount to reimburse employees who are using their own cars for business purposes. It may also be used by employers that elect to use the "cents-per-mile" valuation method for purposes of determining the amount that needs to be imputed to an employee's income for personal use of certain company-owned or leased nonluxury vehicles (see The Payroll Source®, p. 3-22).
In addition, the 2014 standard rate for miles driven for the following purposes is effective January 1, 2014:
- 56 cents per mile for business miles driven
- 23.5 cents per mile driven for medical or moving purposes
- 14 cents per mile driving in service of charitable organizations
Rev. January, 2014
What's Available on the GCFA Website:
- The 2008 General Minutes is now available to order. Click here for details.
- All resources, forms, and reports – many of which have been available as spreadsheets or PDF documents – are available by clicking FORMS & RESOURCES on the navigation bar above.
- The QUICK SEARCH area should provide you with the most frequently requested documents and services.
- DONATE NOW will take you to special offerings. You can also access The Advance. Other funds will be added periodically.
- You have the capability to print the page by using the PRINT-FRIENDLY VERSION option on each page of the site. Another new feature allows you to translate pages by selecting the language you desire. This will affect the pages, not the documents contained within. To revert back to English, visit the Google toolbar that pops up when you translate the document, and press SHOW ORIGINAL.
- If you have linked www.gcfa.org from your site, please make the necessary updates to assure you’re linking to the most recent version of the site.
How Do I...
- Make an online donation to a specific fund? From the DONATE NOW button, you will be directed to the online donation page. The link to “Donate Now” is also in the QUICK SEARCH box.
- Find the monthly Financial Commitment Report? Click to FORMS/RESOURCES > REPORTS.
- Locate the Group Ruling Request Form? Go to QUICK SEARCH on the right of this page, type in GROUP RULING in the Search criteria box, or go to FORMS/RESOURCES on the navigation bar.
- Find the date for a meeting? From the navigation bar click on UM CALENDAR. Click on CHURCH CALENDAR. Fill in as much information as you have about the meeting, just as you would on the previous GCFA site. Press SUBMIT to get your search results.
- Locate the phone number for a staff member? Locate ABOUT at the top of the home page. Scroll to WHO WE ARE. You will find a link for Board Members and a directory of key staff members.