Information Technology Staff
The IT Department is committed to the vision of the General Council on Finance and Administration to support the servant ministry of all those working within the United Methodist Church to spread the Gospel of Christ.
The GCFA IT department provides leadership and ongoing technology support to all GCFA departments and staff as well as a number of remote locations.
- Network Configuration/Helpdesk – provides support to the end user related to GCFA’s products and services. Troubleshoots problems or provides guidance about computers, equipment, servers, tele-communications, etc.
- Microsoft GP (Great Plains) – Accounting software that handles complete financial management. GP has been the accounting software of choice for GCFA and many other general agencies for more than 25 years.
- Donor Direct – In the business of providing software for ministries for more than 30 years, Donor Direct is the key link between GP and Ezra. It handles donations, remittances, billing and online donation site configuration.
- UM Tracker – Originally known as Pathways to Ministry, this site brings in the functionality of Brick River’s clergy candidacy-tracking software and combines it with GBHEM’s OCAS system, effectively bringing all candidacy information into one site, which is then integrated into Ezra.
- WebEx Conferencing – a web platform in which meetings (including international meetings) can be held over the internet at a minimal cost. The product is not limited to simple meetings, as it includes various modules with specific features for training, support and presenting in an event arena. GCFA, Discipleship Ministries and GBHEM currently share licenses for Web Ex and use it regularly.
- Ezra is GCFA’s database of people, churches and appointments, which serves as the official database of The United Methodist Church. The database and ezra.gcfa.org serves as the hub for many Shared Services offerings and modules available to the annual conferences and general agencies of the UMC. Annual conferences can elect to use their own version of Ezra, which would then sync with GCFA’s “master” database.
- Cisco Phone System - GCFA and 4 other general agencies share a Telecom system with advanced features. Because the phones are driven by "Active Directory", agencies have an opportunity to begin the development of a shared network and shared directory.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have questions about our products and services.