National Association of Commissions on Equitable Compensation (NACEC)
Serving. Guiding. Supporting.
The National Association of Commissions on Equitable Compensation (NACEC), affiliated with the General Council on Finance and Administration (GCFA), serves, guides, and supports the work of Commissions on Equitable Compensation in each annual conference of The United Methodist Church. Each quadrennium the NACEC revises and produces the "Guidelines: A Manual for Conference Commissions," and sponsors a national training event for commission members, district superintendents, and conference treasurers. In concert with GCFA, the Association also provides bi-annual regional training workshops for new commission members.
Membership in the NACEC is held by the annual conference. A conference becomes a member by paying yearly dues to the Association. The chair person of the annual conference's Commission on Equitable Compensation, or a designated alternate, is the voting member of the Association. Meetings are convened during the second year of every General Conference quadrennium. The Executive Committee is elected from the membership.
RESOURCES for NACEC
- 2015 Annual Conference Equitable Compensation Plans
- CEC Guidelines 2013-2016
- February 2015 Newsletter
- GCFA Tax Information
- NACEC By-laws 2010
- Sample Arrearage Policy
The State of Female and Racial/Ethnic United Methodist Clergy in the U.S.
The General Commission on the Status and Role of Women (GCSRW), the General Commission on Religion and Race (GCORR), and the National Association of Commissions on Equitable Compensation (NACEC) partnered to conduct a study on clergy appointments in the U.S.
2014-2018 Executive Committee
North Central Jurisdiction
- Mark E. Zender, clergy member, Detroit
- Prospero Tumonong, lay member, West Michigan
- Jerome Tilghman, clergy member, Peninsula-Delaware (Vice-President)
- Debbie Tocknell, lay member, Baltimore-Washington (President)
South Central Jurisdiction
- David Moore, clergy member, Arkansas
- Stephen Mitchell, lay member, Oklahoma
- Jeremy Howell, clergy member, South Carolina (Secretary)
- Jim Allen, lay member, Tennessee (Treasurer)
- Eric Feuerstein, clergy member, Rocky Mountain
- Rosie Guadarrama, lay member, California-Pacific
Immediate Past President
- Laurel Scott, New England