The GCFA Tax Packet contains numerous documents addressing a variety of tax matters pertaining to United Methodist clergy and local churches. From time to time, new documents are added and existing documents are revised or updated. Please check this website frequently for the latest information.
If you have any questions about the material discussed in this tax packet, please contact your annual conference treasurers. They are the single best resource for such information. If you have any comments or suggestions regarding the tax packet itself, please contact the GCFA Legal Department at email@example.com.
Note: This Tax Packet contains general information on tax issues of interest to United Methodist clergy, local churches, annual conferences, and others. While we have made every effort to ensure the information in this Tax Packet is current and accurate, it is not intended to serve as legal advice. Readers should seek assistance from a tax professional for questions regarding their specific circumstances.
- Overview of the Tax Packet
- What's New
- Tax Information for Clergy Housing Allowance
- IRS Audit Guidelines
- Tax Status of Deacons
- Business Expenses and Reimbursement -- Accountable Reimbursement Policies
- Local Transportation Expenses
- Moving Expenses
- Spousal Travel Expenses
- Pastor's Discretionary Fund
- Tax Information for Local Churches
- Form 941
- Form W-2
- Form W-3
- Unrelated Business Income (UBIT) (PDF)
- Tax Exempt Status of Churches
- Charitable Contributions
- Benevolence Fund Policy (PDF)
- Employee or Independent Contractor? (PDF)
- Additional Resources