FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is the role of GCFA in The United Methodist Church?
The Book of Discipline ¶’s 801-824 provide the legal definition for GCFA in the United Methodist connection. The role of the agency in the Church’s mission of making disciples of Jesus Christ reaches beyond the legal definition. The resources on this website are developed to help the global United Methodist church be in ministry throughout the world.
Can GCFA provide answers to questions about costs and apportionments?
GCFA has fielded questions about budgets, costs, and global apportionments.
- Click here to see the Frequently Asked Questions and answers related to the 2019 Special Session of the General Conference.
- Click here to see the Frequently Asked Questions related to Apportionment Giving and Rulings of the Judicial Council.
Can GCFA provide a summary of apportionments by fund and by annual conferences in the US?
This link will provide you with information about each fund, each annual conference, and a line-item break down by Conference and general Church agency.
What resources, tools, and information can you provide to help me in my local church?
The following links will take you to downloadable or informational resources for programs and products developed for use throughout the connection.
- External Relations – creative, innovative fundraising for church ministries
- Local Church Resource Guide - a guide to ministry partners that provide discounts or special offers for United Methodist churches
- UMCmarket – the online shopping portal that generates donations for church ministries
- Park ‘N Fly – airport parking at a discounted rate for United Methodists
- UMCgpo.org - group purchasing portal for supplies and goods ordered by United Methodist churches