UMC Budget: Apportioned Funds
Wednesday, April 6, 2016
The Seven General Church Apportioned Funds
(in alpha order)
- The Africa University Fund - established by the General Conference in 1972 to support education efforts on the continent of Africa with global reach because of the work of graduates, instructors and support.
- The Black College Fund - Supports 11 historically black colleges and universities developing leaders for the church and community.
- The Episcopal Fund - supports active and retired bishops and their and their episcopal leadership for the denomination.
- The General Administration Fund - supports administrative, collaborative processes throughout the denomination.
- The Interdenominational Cooperation Fund - aids the Church in being in ecumenical relationship with other faiths.
- The Ministerial Education Fund - prepares principled Christian leaders for work throughout the connection of United Methodists.
- The World Service Fund - Supports the great diversity of Christian mission throughout the denomination.