Apportioned Funds Spotlight: Ministerial Educational Fund

Main Image

Monday, May 24, 2021

Our connection as the United Methodist Church is our greatest asset. Our apportionment system empowers us to impact communities around the world. Our collective resources help us display the love of Christ in God’s mission field. 
 
This is the fourth spotlight of the seven apportioned funds. So far, we’ve covered The Africa University Fund, Black College Fund, Episcopal Fund. The Ministerial Education Fund is our next spotlight. 
 
The Ministerial Education Fund was established during the 1968 General Conference. This find supports our 13 United Methodist Seminaries: 


Boston University School of Theology 
Boston, MA 
www.bu.edu/sth 

Candler School of Theology, Emory University 
Atlanta, GA 
candler.emory.edu 

Claremont School of Theology 
Claremont, CA 
www.cst.edu 

Drew Theological School 
Madison, NJ 
www.drew.edu/theological 

Duke Divinity School  
Durham, NC 
divinity.duke.edu 

Gammon Theological Seminary 
Atlanta, GA 
www.gammon-itc.org/ 

Garrett-Evangelical Theological Seminary 
Evanston, IL  
www.garrett.edu 

Iliff School of Theology 
Denver, CO 
www.iliff.edu 

Methodist Theological School in Ohio 
Delaware, OH 
www.mtso.edu 

Perkins School of Theology, Southern Methodist University 
Dallas, TX 
www.smu.edu/perkins 

Saint Paul School of Theology 
Kansas City, MO 
www.spst.edu 

United Theological Seminary 
Dayton, OH 
www.united.edu 

Wesley Theological Seminary 
Washington, DC 
www.wesleysem.edu 

These seminaries nurture women and men who respond to the call to ordained ministry, offer continuing education opportunities, and course-of-study education for local pastors. The Ministerial Education Fund helps the church recruit and support ordained and diaconal ministers to transform the world.  
 
The funds received are distributed through the annual conference and GCFA. 25% of the funds are used by the annual conference to support ministerial education as approved by annual conference. The remaining 75% goes to the schools mentioned above based on a formula established by the General Board of Higher Education and Ministry.  

The United Methodist Church is creating change agents to help us fulfill our mission to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world. For more details on supporting The Ministerial Education Fund visit the Resource UMC website. 

Share this article: