ADDITIONAL LEGAL RESOURCES
- The Trust Clause Brochure explains what the trust clause is and its impact on church property. It also explains some of the United Methodist principals that led to its creation.
- Personnel and Supervisory Guidelines: GCFA, “in consultation with the General Board of Higher Education and Ministry and the General Board of Pension and Health Benefits” is responsible for creating the guidelines for “all records of candidates and ordained and diaconal ministry Personnel … kept on behalf of the annual conference.” (Book of Discipline 2016 paragraph 606.9)
- GCFA is monitoring the Freedom From Religion Foundation's most recent challenge to the constitutionality of the housing allowance provided to clergy by section 107(2) of the tax code. Read the Recent Housing Allowance Opinion. Click here for the latest decision, published March 15, 2019.
- The Book of Discipline requires GCFA to provide certain guidance on crowdfunding. Read GCFA Recommendations for Crowdfunding.
- Summary: Federal Law Changes Affecting Exempt/Non-Exempt Worker Status
- IRS Guidance on Parking Issues