The Data we report out depends heavily on the cooperation of annual conferences and local churches to submit information to GCFA. The deadlines for submission of data can be downloaded here, and is included below:
- First submission - April 30, 2019
- All corrections - July 19, 2019
- Appointments/BAC Documentation (when finalized)
- 2018-2019 Appointments - September 2, 2019
- BAC - October 1, 2019
The Data Services department regularly updates the following reports using our annual local church statistics collected from over 30,000 churches in the United States. These often give an insight into trends in membership, especially regarding gender and ethnicity, as well as church size. These are a great place to start if you’re curious about the United Methodist Church.
- 2017 Top 100 Churches in Size and Membership (Rev. Feb., 2019)
- 2017 Membership by Ethnicity and Gender (Rev. Feb., 2019)
- 2017 Membership and Attendance by Conference - Jurisdictional Conferences (Rev. Feb., 2019)
- 2016 Membership and Attendance by Conference - Central Conferences (Rev. Oct., 2018)
- 2017 Distribution Tables (Rev. Feb., 2019)
- 2017 Stats Summary with 2016 Comparison (Rev. Feb., 2019)
GCFA is proud to provide this resource for the statistics of The United Methodist Church: UMData.
For more detailed information please email email@example.com.